Aqua Kauai Beach Resort
Say aloha to the perfect hotel for couples seeking romance in paradise, Aqua Kauai Beach Resort. An amazing oceanfront hotel ideal for honeymoons.
- Beachfront Location
- 4 Restaurants & Bars
- Complimentary Shuttle
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Stunning scenery, sumptuous dining options and fun activities characterise your stay at this luxury Hawaiian retreat, while the deluxe Anara Spa awakens body and soul.
- Golf Course in Resort
- Lazy River Pool
- Award Winning Food
Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation
An apartments resort in the stunning Poipu Beach area in Kauai, Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation is a place like no other for family holidays in Hawaii
- Family Friendly
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Barbeque Area
Pay a visit to the ‘Garden Isle’ and holiday in Kauai. With picturesque landscapes and verdantly dense forests, this atypical island deserves its lush name. It’s over six million years old and was originally volcanic – you’ll be situated in the oldest of the main islands in Hawaii, so grab the camera and take a few snaps for posterity!
Why not take a boat along the Nā Pali coastline to gain spectacular views of the Nā Pali Coast State Park spanning 6,175 acres.
Luxury Holidays in Kauai
For the discerning traveller in search of something a little more special, let Kauai Holidays provide you with some truly exclusive and luxurious resorts. Set against the backdrop of this exquisite isle – an ambience created by the natural beauty and the oscillating sounds of the ocean reverberating in your ears – the regions’ resorts will pamper you like a weary traveller discovering paradise!
10 Great Reasons to Holiday in Kauai
- Wailua River – Kayak along Hawaii’s only navigable river.
- Napali Coast – Explore sea caves, remote beaches, isolated waterfalls and spectacular sea cliffs on Kauai's northern coast.
- Poipu Beach Park – Voted one of America’s best beaches for its idyllic golden sands and crystal clear waters.
- Hanalei Bay- Bedecked in emerald valleys, white beaches and Taro fields where you can taste Hawaiian Poi. Also famed for its frequent ukulele concerts.
- Kipu Ranch- Take an AVT tour and tear through the scenic landscapes of Kauai. Try a rope swing into the river and learn about the island's rich history. Kipu Ranch's adventure tours will be the highlight of your trip to Kauai.
- Hollywood Movie Tour: Over 60 feature films that have been shot in Kauai, from South Pacific to Jurassic Park. Step onto the settings of Hollywood's favourite movies and see if your recognise the dramatic landscapes.
- Waimea Canyon: Nicknamed 'The Grand Canyon of the Pacific', Waimea Canyon is a natural wonder with breathtaking and dramatic panoramas.
- The Sleeping Giant: Hike to the top of Nounou Mountain, nicknamed 'sleeping giant' due to a Hawaiian myth based on the mountain's resemblance to a human figure lying on his back.
- Spouting Horn: Spouting horn is a magnificent blowhole which rockets water sky high at immense speeds. It is amongst the most photographed location in Kauai. The blowhole's eerie noises have been the subject of many Hawaiian legends.
- Wailua Falls- This grand 80 foot waterfall offers an off-the-beaten-track experience. It can be recognised from the hit TV show 'Fantasy Island' as well as various feature films.
Things to do Whilst on Holiday in Kauai
For the arty types, or just the culturally curious, why not check out Hanapepe Town. Known locally as the ‘biggest little town’, you’ll be in the epicentre of Kauai’s art scene. Buy a piece of work, support the local artists and immortalise your journey by taking back a little something to remember.
Glimpse the natural wonder of this lovely region and pop by to Opaekaa Falls. You’ll be at the most accessible of the main waterfalls on the isle! It also has a roadside lookout, making it a little easier to snap away and remember the idyllic scenes you’ll discover in Hawaii.
You’ll be absolutely wowed by the Waimea Canyon. This fabulous landscape rivals the famed canyon of Arizona, and it’s no wonder its been nicknamed ‘The Grand Canyon of the Pacific’. Why not travel back in time and visit Old Koloa Town. What you’ll find is a lovely little space with huge historic significance for the islands’ plantation past. You’ll also be able to treat yourself to a fine meal and a day at the shops!
For history buffs, did you know that this is the destination of Captain Cook’s first visit to Kauai in Waimea Town? Pay a visit to the towns Technology and Visitor centre – it’ll adorn you with historical points to make your visit worthwhile. The amount of natural wonder to gaze upon, and the host of attractions to experience – not to mention the more active endeavours to add to your itineraries – you’ll need a long break to truly appreciate what this isle has to offer!
Weather in Kauai
You’ll find that the coolest month of the calendar year is January, while the hottest is in August. The majority of the regions’ rainfall occurs in December, but remember that it often comes down during the night and in short periods.
Interesting Facts About Kauai
- Area – 562.3 sq. miles
- Population – 65,689
- Currency - US Dollar
- The highest point of Kauai is Kawaikini
Kauai Holidays 2016 & 2017
To avoid disappointment, book early for your 2016 holidays in Hawaii. We have over 35 years of experience securing the best deals at the best locations around the world. So let Kenwood Travel find you a luxury holiday that promises to live long in the memory. Give us a call and book now!