One of the oldest cities in the USA is an overlooked gem for holiday makers and sun-seekers on a USA getaway. This is a place that oozes culture from the famous French district to the infamous Mardi Gras. A holiday to New Orleans with Kenwood Travel means experiencing the best places to stay in Louisiana, from luxury getaways to themed-hotels in the heart of the action.
Luxury Holidays to New Orleans
For luxury, the best places to stay in New Orleans depends on what you’re after. Our choice of hotels will mean a vibrant world of excitement, parties, pubs, bars and nightlife at your doorstep. And if you’re a foodie, you’ll delight in New Orleans’s variety of dishes. Sample unique creole cuisine or Oysters Rockefeller, and be sure not to miss out on Southern oxtail soup, eggs sardou or Louisiana-style crawfish boil.
Things to do on your New Orleans Holiday
This is a city rife with opportunities, activities, culture and more. This is a sightseer’s haven, where budding tourists can admire world-famous architecture, embark on a Louisiana swamp tour, visit the old jazz legends’ hunting grounds or pay tribute at ancient battle sites. Throw in the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, French Quarter Festival, Essence Festival, the Voodoo Experience and Mardi Gras, and there’s a neverending choice of things to experience on your New Orleans holiday.
New Orleans Facts
- New Orleans has the highest number of historic districts in the USA.
- The first opera in the United States was performed in New Orleans in the 1790s.
- New Orleans is known as the most haunted city in America, and is the preferred destination for ghost-hunting tourists.
- Home to the famous residents of Louis Armstrong, Truman Capote, Reese Witherspoon and Marie Laveau.
Great Reasons for a New Orleans Holiday
- Experience the Mardi Gras parade like a local
- National World War II Museum
- Ride on the ST Charles Avenue streetcar for a scenic trip
- Catch a live performance by a music legend at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- Live music events held every day.
- New Orleans museum of art
- Try midnight shopping at the Frenchmen Art Market.
New Orleans Weather
A holiday to New Orleans sees pleasant weather all year round. That means around 20C in winter and 30C during the summer months. Don’t forget to bring a raincoat though - the city experiences its fair share of refreshing weather, a monthly average of five inches precipitation.
New Orleans Holidays 2021 / 2022
Avoid disappointment and call one of our USA specialists to experience some of the best places to stay in New Orleans on your USA holiday. Book early to secure a trip filled with jazz, museums, bars, pubs, clubs, cultural districts and more. The USA’s oldest city is crammed with attractions. With almost 40 years of experience, Kenwood Travel are skilled at satisfying any individual needs that need to be fulfilled. Book today to enjoy a 2021 / 2022 New Orleans holiday of a lifetime.