With a holiday to Washington DC you’ll visit a city where history was made and is still being written. Discover the capital of the United States of America with its classic sights such as the White House, the Capitol building and the National Archives as well as its multicultural composition of thriving immigrant communities whilst profiting from world-class urban amenities. You can treat yourself to everything your heart could possibly desire, starting by nourishing your cultural desire with a stroll through the endless number of museums and galleries at hand.
Sports enthusiasts get their fix as well since D.C. is one of a small handful of American cities hosting all of the United States’ major sports. After an exciting day of sports make sure to visit what the New York Post calls a ‘suddenly seductive’ dining scene which provides an impressive inventory of eclectic eateries. Plug in to the energy of interactive experiences and explore the essence of the American Ideology in the nation’s capital.
Luxury Holidays in Washington DC
Your Washington DC holidays will be a relaxing, as well as an indulgent, experience in our exclusive hotels where you’ll find the necessary rest after a lively day in the vivacious capital of the USA. Enjoy the comfort that our stylish and elegant hotels have to offer before heading out to another museum or enjoying a delicious meal. The sports fan in you might rather fancy a ballgame, while the art lover prefers a trip to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; either way D.C. has it all!
Great reasons to holiday in Washington DC
- Visit the Library of Congress, the world’s largest library by number of books!
- Folger Shakespeare Library harbours the largest collection of Shakespeare material in the world
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is home to the National Symphony Orchestra, the Washington National Opera, and the Washington Ballet
- Picnic on one of the several greens of the National Mall
- Climb aboard a Capitol River Cruise and enjoy a sightseeing tour from the Potomac River
- Take a walk through Georgetown and find out why they call it a shopper’s paradise
- Walk, bike, or kayak along the C & O canal
- Get the proper CSI experience at the National Museum of Crime and Punishment
- Visit the Smithsonian and the Capitol Building
- Visit the White House - home of US presidents and seat of power since 1800
Things to do on holiday in Washington DC
The National Mall, an open-area national park in downtown D.C. is the capital’s major tourist attraction with more than 24 million visitors each year. Home to iconic landmarks such as the U.S. Capitol Building, the Washington Monument; the Smithsonian Museums; the Lincoln Memorial as well as the National Gallery of Art; it is a haven for every cultural and historical enthusiast.
So make sure to visit the grounds where some of the most important political events and rallys in American history took place, where Martin Luther King, Jr. held his famous ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech and where President Obama was inaugurated.
Washington DC Facts
- State - District of Columbia
- City area - 68.3 sq. miles
- City population - 601,723
Washington DC has a humid subtropical climate and displays four separate seasons. Winters are cool while Spring and Autumn mild. Summers are hot and can be humid with average daily temperatures for July being around 26°C, 66% humidity.
Twin Centre & Multi Centre
Washington DC makes a great starting point or stop-along-the-way on a Multi Centre excursion in the US. You're perfectly situated to visit other top towns along the whole stretch of the East Coast, for example New York and Boston. The western seaboard presents other famous locations to add to your multi-centre itinerary. How about San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco?
Washington DC Holidays 2022 / 2023
With Washington DC being such a popular destination, in order to avoid disappointment, it's always wise to book early and secure the best price and availability on your 2022 / 2023 USA holiday. At Kenwood Travel we offer you 30 years worth of experience and specialise in arranging personalised holiday packages tailored to suit your particular needs. Give us a call and start planning your own American Dream today.