Canary Hotel, A Kimpton Hotel
Canary Hotel, A Kimpton Hotel
Boasting a state-of-the-art gym, deluxe swimming pool and a host of invigorating spa treatments, Canary Hotel, A Kimpton Hotel is the only full-service boutique accommodation in downtown Santa Barbara.
- In Room Spa Service
- Hosted Wine Hour
- Courtesy Bike Hire
A holiday in Santa Barbara is a full-bodied immersion into exquisite food and wine, big city culture and cosmopolitan style. With her Spanish colonial revival-style architecture set against a backdrop of dramatic mountains, rolling valleys and miles of sandy beaches this place is certainly good for you. The ‘Barb’ provides for the young and old, sport and art lovers alike and can be reached from all over the globe via Los Angeles airport just two hours away. We welcome you to the ‘American Riviera’!
Luxury Holidays in Santa Barbara
On your Santa Barbara holiday you’ll be transformed into the protagonist of your own story where the laid back glamour of exclusive hotel life is yours to enjoy. Dine in style and sample the finest Californian wines whilst dazzling your taste buds with scrumptious local cuisine.
Great reasons to holiday in Santa Barbara
- Breathe in the sophistication of a cosmopolitan city that also has great beaches, beautiful mountains and a laid back atmosphere
- This really is wine country so why not sample some of California’s world famous produce?
- Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, horse riding
- Booming art and theatre scene. The city hosts monthly ‘First Thursdays’ where galleries open late and streets become open-air theatres
- The Santa Barbara International Film Festival is a date in the calendar for all film buffs
- See the wildlife at the local zoo
- Great museums including the Museum of Art and the Museum of Natural History
- Stearns Wharf, a harbour with a pier and restaurants and the newly built Ty Warner sea centre
- Home to largest fig tree in the country – see the Moreton Bay Fig Tree
- Enjoy the Spanish Colonial style architecture like the Mission Santa Barbara built in 1786
Things to do on holiday in Santa Barbara
There is so much to do here that everyone will be entertained. Stearns Wharf is the most visited location due to its wealth of restaurants and provides an array of child friendly activities such as the sea life centre and the pier.
This region is a haven for classical music lovers and contains numerous performing art venues including the Santa Barbara Bowl, a 4,562 seat amphitheatre used for outdoor concerts which nestles at the base of the Riviera in a picturesque canyon northwest of ‘the Barb’.
However, Santa Barbara provides just as much fun for the adventurous type offering horse riding tours, scuba diving and even paragliding. Since California is so famous for wine it would be madness not to sample some, and why not take part in one of the Urban Wine Trails which offer an exclusive insight into the production?
Santa Barbara Facts
- State - California
- Land Area - 19.468 sq miles
- Population - 88,410
The weather in Santa Barbara can be described as Mediterranean with mild winters making it a popular winter holiday destination. Its ocean front location helps to alleviate the humidity often associated with neighbouring desert areas, meaning the city’s typical 300 days-per-year of sun can be fully enjoyed. With a consistently temperate climate, this Californian coast town enjoys daily averages of 20 degrees celsius.
Twin Centre & Multi Centre
Santa Barbara makes a great starting point or stop-along-the-way on a Multi Centre excursion in the US. You're perfectly situated to visit other top towns on the West Coast. Indeed, Santa Barbara is equidistant to LA and San Francisco, with San Diego further to the south and Las Vegas just a short flight inland. Other famous cities across the nation like Chicago, Boston, Washington DC and New York also make fantastic locations to add to your multi-centre itinerary.
Santa Barbara Holidays 2016/17
Book early to secure your 2016 holidays and avoid disappointment, just request a quote from Kenwood Travel and start planing your holiday. Secure your luxury holiday and let Kenwood Travel offer you a personalized package. We have over 30 years worth of experience to share with you. Let us make your Santa Barbara holiday one for remembering.