Luxury Holidays in South Africa
South Africa impresses travellers at every turn, and since its in-resort dining, accommodation and facilities all attain such exacting standards, the destination is regarded as a dream getaway for connoisseurs of luxury, too. At Kenwood Travel our 30-plus years in the industry has taught us what to look out for, and you can rest assured we have handpicked only the very best luxury hotels and resorts available.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in South Africa
- Take a ride on the Table Mountain cable car in Cape Town and enjoy the view from South Africa’s iconic monolith.
- Enjoy the scenic drive on the Garden Route and encounter a land of fantastic forests, lakes, mountains and beaches.
- Go on a Safari and view wild animals up close.
- Don’t leave South Africa without visiting Cape Town, without a doubt one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Food and wine! You can have exceptional meals for great value, plus South African wines are renowned the world over.
Things to Do Whilst on Holiday in South Africa
Big game safaris, whale-watching, surfing, jungle trekking, wine tours, beach lounging, shopping, nightlife... Your to-do list in South Africa is liable to be brimming with options for a rounded and enriching holiday. One of its most intriguing points of interest however is the unique story of this region's political history. Follow the footsteps of Nelson Mandela, Hector Pieterson and many other revolutionaries by learning about the nation’s struggle for freedom. Take the KwaZulu-Natal Freedom Route and discover all the fascinating museums, statues and other landmarks that depict South Africa's challenging past, offering a multi-perspective view of the conditions endured by those affected by apartheid.
South Africa is part of the subtropical zone in the Southern Hemisphere but due to a higher latitude it experiences more diverse climatological changes than other countries in sub-Saharan areas. The western part of the country has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot, dry summers. The eastern coast however experiences hot and humid summers with occasional thunderstorms and cool yet dry winters.
Interesting Facts About South Africa
- Population – 50,586,757
- Area – 471,443 sq miles
- Language – Eleven official languages: English, Afrikaans, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Ndebele, Swazi, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Zulu, and Xhosa.
South Africa Holidays 2021 / 2022
Book early and avoid missing out on your 2021 holiday to South Africa. This is a country whose popularity is on the rise as a top tourist destination so now is the prime time to visit. At Kenwood Travel, our experience in the travel industry ensures your holiday reaches the high standards you deserve.