Luxury Holiday in Penang
For a luxury stay on your Penang holidays try the 5 star Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa. Rasa Sayang, meaning ‘a feeling of love’, is situated along the Batu Feringgi Beach and is popular with the rich and famous. Guests include novelist Barbara Cartland and former Chinese presidents Jiang Zemin and Li Peng. All rooms and suites have a sea view or look onto the luscious green hills of Penang. Other facilities include a luxury spa where you can indulge in treatments, fine dining and other amenities.
Please note: When staying in Penang from June 1st 2014, travellers are required to pay a tourist fee of 3 Malaysian Ringets per room per night which is payable locally upon checkout.
10 great reasons to holiday in Penang
- George Town is a Unesco World Heritage Site
- White sandy beaches
- Water sports and quad biking on the beach
- Chew Jetty, the largest water front settlement in Penang
- Kek Lok Si Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in Malaysia
- Gertak Sanggual, a luscious picturesque fishing village on the South West Coast
- Delicious cuisine including Laksa, Nasi Kandar, Hokkien Mee
- Relaxing massages using a selection of herbal and traditional oils
- A cable car ride up Penang Hill
- The Tropical Spice Garden
Things to do whilst on holiday in Penang
Penang has an interesting colonial history dating back to the 17th Century when it was a natural port for the Indians, Dutch, Arabians, Chinese, Danish and French. In 1776 it became a British colony, colonised by Francis the Light to protect it from the Sultan Abdullah of Kedah. Examples of this rich history can be explored by taking a trishaw ride through George Town observing the quaint cobbled streets and impressive Straits architecture.
Another must see is the Taman Kheng Tian Night Market. Taman Kheng Tian is the biggest night market on the island and hosts the most authentic and delicious Hawker food stalls in Penang at local prices. Take in the fragrant smells whilst browsing the arts, crafts and bric-a-brac stalls.
Interesting facts about Penang
- Area – 285 sq. kilometers
- Population – 1.5 million
- Currency – Malaysian Ringgit
Penang Holidays 2024 / 2025
Make sure that you secure a seat to this beautiful isle in the Malacca Strait and lock-in your 2024/2025 travels. For exclusive and all inclusive holidays, whether you’re going on a luxury break in Malaysia, enjoying your honeymoon or tying the knot upon the beach, Kenwood Travel will give you all the information needed. With over 45 years worth of experience, we’ll be able to make your journey to Penang one to remember.