A holiday in Hanoi, Vietnam, is perfect for those seeking a place that’s abundant in history with a distinct aesthetic beauty. This is an architecturally diverse city speckled with ancient temples, French style apartments and metallic skyscrapers all bustling together to form an atmospheric capital.
Luxury holidays in Hanoi
On your Hanoi holiday you’ll experience monumental landmarks and attractions coupled with some exquisite luxury hotels. Indulge in some world famous Vietnamese street food originating in Hanoi, like the famous phở, and be transported into another culinary dimension.
10 great reasons to go on holiday to Hanoi
- Authentic Vietnamese cuisine, especially the street food culture
- Hanoi is excellent for unusual shopping. Visit one of the old town’s night markets for an alternative experience
- Beautiful lakes adorn the heart of the city
- Fascinating architecture
- Hanoi is home to an abundance of historical monuments and museums
- Unwind with a Vietnamese massage
- There are many art galleries and cultural museums for inspiration
- Visit some of the city’s religious monuments and buildings
- Experience Ca trù – an ancient and traditional Vietnamese form of chamber music
- Enjoy the Vietnamese street coffee culture and sip some coffee the Vietnamese way!
Things to do whilst on holiday in Hanoi
Hanoi is also known as ‘The City of Lakes’ due to the fact it is speckled with large bodies of water. This contributes to the beautiful aesthetic of the city and offers some inner city tranquility. The poetically titled ‘Lake of the Restored Sword’ is exquisite at sunset and is home to some luxurious restaurants.
If shopping is your thing then visit the Hanoi old town for an alternative shopping experience. Here are several intricate bars and cafes plus artisan boutiques and silk shops with each street name reflecting the trade of the shops which inhabit it.
The Thang Long Water puppet theatre is a must – this popular little theatre offers puppet shows of various traditional legends all in Vietnamese attire and is great for children too.
The One Pillar Pagoda is an iconic attraction in Hanoi - a Buddhist temple perched upon a single pillar of stone which was commissioned by Emperor Lý Thái Tông in 1049 and is really a must see.
Interesting facts about Hanoi
- Area – 3,344.7 square km
- Population – 6,500,000
- Hanoi is the second largest city in Vietnam after Ho Chi Minh City and is located on the banks of the Red River
This ‘Lake City’ is great for visiting any time of the year. Hanoi has a warm sub tropical climate with hot, dry summers and short and fairly dry winters.
Hanoi Holidays 2021 / 2022
‘The Lake City’ is a perfect location for a luxury all-inclusive holiday in Vietnam, wedding or honeymoon. Avoid disappointment and book early to secure your 2021 holidays. Benefit from over 40 years worth of experience and we make Hanoi a holiday to remember.