Portugal's southernmost region, the Algarve, charms with its idyllic golden beaches, rugged limestone cliffs, quaint fishing villages, and of course mouthwatering fresh seafood which leaves its visitors forever craving more. Plus, this Portuguese paradise enjoys more days of sunshine per year than California so it's no wonder that it is one of Europe's most in-demand holiday destinations.
Luxury Holidays in the Algarve
Kenwood Travel are delighted to offer you a host of incredible luxury resorts from which you can enjoy the rugged natural beauty of southern Portugal's Algarve. Book your holiday to the Algarve today and our dedicated travel experts will create a bespoke holiday that you will never forget.
5 Great Reasons to Visit the Algarve
- Beaches – Finding the most beautiful beach in the Algarve is an impossible quest with the countless breathtaking options.
- Cuisine – From Michelin rated fine dining to seafood shacks on the beach, whatever you choose you will be sent straight to culinary heaven here.
- Golf – Home to over 30 golf resorts placed in some of the most scenic locations, the Algarve is a great place to work on your swing.
- History – The region displays Moorish influences, Roman ruins, and within the medieval walls of Faro's 'Cidade Velha' (Old Town) one can behold a beautiful blend of Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architectural styles.
- Nightlife – Lagos and Albufeira offer a huge selection of vibrant bars and clubs
Things to do whilst on holiday in the Algarve
Take a cave and dolphin-watching tour to cruise along the stunning Atlantic coastline, explore hidden grottos, and to spot the bottlenose dolphins at play in Albufeira's waters.
Enjoy some family fun and get an even closer dolphin encounter at the Zoomarine Sea-Life Park where you can swim with these intelligent sea creatures and take a closer look at other incredible ocean inhabitants.
For a more peaceful and secluded experience look no further than Sagres where you'll be taken aback by some of the most dramatic scenery in Portugal. Here the famous and historic Cabo Sao Vicente lighthouse offers awe-inspiring panoramas and is unsurprisingly amongst the most photographed areas in the region.
Temporarily leave the soft sands and turqouise waters at bay and discover the astounding beauty of rural Algarve at the Monchique mountains. Take a calming stroll amid unspoilt nature, admire phenomenal vistas of the southern Portuguese coastlines and the surrounding emerald hills from the Algarve's highest peak, and even visit the thermal springs of Caldas do Monchique, a spa town which was once a popular destination amongst Portuguese royalty.
Weather in the Algarve
The Algarve enjoys plenty of sunshine and blue skies all year round with little rainfall. Despite being situated on the Atlantic coast it experiences a Mediterranean-like climate with mild winters and long, hot summers.
Facts about Algarve
- Population – 451,006
- Area – 1,929 square miles
- Currency – Euro
Algarve Holidays 2021 / 2022
We at Kenwood Travel are experts in creating bespoke holidays to some of the world's most beautiful destinations. Speak to one of our friendly advisors today and be enchanted by Southern Portugal. Given that the Algarve is such a popular destination, avoid disappointment by booking your 2021 / 2022 holidays early.