Holidays to International Drive
Holidays to International Drive place visitors in the heart of the action, within close proximity to Orlando's main theme parks, restaurants and shops. Normally abbreviated to i-Drive, this hub of activity is widely compared to the Las Vegas Strip for sheer buzz and excitement. And the excitement only got bigger with the opening i-Drive 360, a whole entertainment complex right in the middle of the International Drive whose main attraction is a gigantic observation wheel, the Orlando Eye, which offers a stunning view of i-Dirve and Orlando from above.
Luxury Holidays in the International Drive Area
Why not let International Drive holidays provide you with a magical mixture of fantastical adventures in Disney and Universal, and a buzzing location of restaurants and bars providing every imaginable culinary experience. At Kenwood Travel we know all the best places to stay whether you’re a family, going with friends, or simply enjoying a luxury all-inclusive trip all to yourself!
Imagine ambling through Disney World with Cinderella's Palace in the distance and interacting with Walt’s creation, Mickey. Whether you’re taking the kids, or you’re enjoying the rides as an adult, Mickey & Co have been with many of us through our younger years, so why not get out there and shake the hands of the characters of our childhood!
10 Great Reasons to Holiday in the International Drive Area
- Go behind the scenes and become part of the movies at Universal Studios
- Disney World, one of the worlds most famous attractions
- Sea World
- Experience the thrill of Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Fancy experiencing more water thrills? Check out Aquatica Orlando!
- Shop like crazy at the Mercado Orlando Shopping Centre, and get up to 75% off major brands at Belz Factory Outlet World
- For those needing conference spaces, Orange County Conventions Centre offers huge exhibition and conference spaces; this is the second largest dedicated convention space in the US!
- A rich array of differing culinary experiences. Enjoy an awesome journey of world cultures through the diverse mix of restaurants here!
- Laugh, cry, and gaze in wonderment at a live performance at The Pointe Performing Arts Centre
- Enjoy golfing heaven with 170 courses and golf resorts!
Things to do Whilst on Holiday
With world-renowned theme parks like Disney World, Universal, and water parks such as Blizzard Beach, Wet ‘n Wild, and Sea World, there’s never a dull moment.
For a bit of fun between your adrenaline fuelled endeavours why not get yourself down to the World Bowling Center and become a King Pin in your own right! This 32 lane bowling centre has state of the art scoring systems and provides a truly all-American experience! Sip a White Russian cocktail, or an Old Fashioned, and bowl a few games to slow the pace of International Drive’s vast amount of activity.
If you need to get out and about without manoeuvring through the Floridian filled traffic lanes, why not jump on the famed I-Drive Trolley, known as the I-Ride. This will take you the length of the strip with minimal effort!
With great food choices, an exhaustive amount of bars, bucket loads of thrills, and lots of outlets to quench your retail urges, it’s no wonder that International Drive is such a popular destination.
There are two seasons to be expected here with a hot and wet season between June and September, and a warm and dry season from October through to May. Due to its close proximity to the Tropic of Cancer, Orlando can get very humid, so take those shorts, t-shirts and don’t forget the sun cream and shades, because you’ll soak up your fair share of sun!
Interesting Facts About the International Drive Area
- Length of I-Drive – 11.5 miles
- To the South you have World Center Drive
- To the North you have Oak Ridge Road
- The first portion of this route was laid in the 1960s and opened in May 1970
International Drive Holidays 2024 / 2025
To avoid the disappointment of missing out on the thrill of your life, call one of our advisors and book your 2024 & 2025 holiday early! If you’re looking for a multi-centre American holiday why not ask about the other destinations that could be added to your ticket – with over 45 years of experience we’re very capable of satisfying any individual needs you wish to be fulfilled. We can unlock some great luxury all inclusive holidays, weddings and honeymoons to cater for all travellers.