Officially known as the Republic of Indonesia, this archipelago is made up of 17,508 islands and has a population of over 240 million, making it the fourth most populous country in the world. Indonesia's land mass stretches over 5,000km from the western tip of Sumatra to the eastern edge of Papua; places that are world's apart with many adventures in between.
Luxury Holidays in Indonesia
Make Kenwood Travel your first call for luxury holidays to exotic destinations. We have direct partnerships with the world's best airlines, hotels and resorts so there'll be no middleman costs tagged onto your booking price. Luxury travel to beautiful Indonesia has never been so affordable.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Indonesia
- Satay, Nasi Goring, Gudeg, these are only a few of the culinary specialties you will find here
- With over 17,000 islands, Indonesia obviously has plenty of awe-inspiring beaches; go check out as many as you can!
- Not surprisingly, the spa treatments in the Far East are the best; you haven't had a massage until you've had one in Indonesia.
- With a bit of luck you could spot an orang-utan, alternatively you could visit a sanctuary to guarantee yourself a glimpse of one of these magical primates.
- The most exclusive and arguably best coffee in the world comes from here, named Kopi Luwak.
Things to Do on Holiday in Indonesia
In such a big country you will have plenty to do in a small amount of time so figure out your priorities before you leave. In Java for example you can find Borobudur, the largest Buddhist temple in the world dating back to the 9th century, home to more than 500 Buddha statues. Or maybe you are more interested in volcanoes, you'll find 150 in Indonesia including the famous Mt Bromo Volcano which can best be overlooked from Mount Penanjakan.
Weather in Indonesia
Indonesia has a pretty even climate all year long but considering it is located along the equator we are talking about two instead of four seasons; wet and dry. The wet season is between October and April and the dry one between May and September.
Interesting Facts about Indonesia
- Population - 245 million
- Area - 735,358 sq miles (land mass only)
- Currency - Rupiah (Rp)
Indonesia Holidays 2022 / 2023
At Kenwood we have 40 years of experience in the travel industry and in all that time we have picked up a thing or two. Whatever tickles your fancy, we can arrange for it, so give us a call and talk to one of our friendly staff to get the holiday you have always been dreaming of. Book early for a trip in 2022/2023 and take advantage of special offers.