Lombok & Gili Islands Islands, Bali Holidays
A holiday to Lombok will take you to an island as charming and spectacular as Bali, but much less developed. Indeed, Lombok remains practically untouched, still retaining its unspoilt beauty and calm atmosphere.
The tiny Gili Islands, with the popular Gili Trawangan among them, are located a stone’s throw from Lombok’s shores. Arguably, the best of these inlets is their turquoise waters, deepwater coral reefs and marine life. So, if we had to choose a place in the world to learn to dive, it would probably be within this tropical archipelago.
Luxury Holidays in Lombok and Gili Islands
A recent addition to Kenwood Travel’s extended catalogue of dream holiday destinations, Lombok and Gili Islands are now more accessible than ever. What’s even better, luxury holidays in Lombok and Gili Islands are also affordable with our exclusive deals and tailored packages.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Lombok and Gili Islands
- Memo’s Turtle Sanctuary on Gili Islands is a must-see turtle nursery
- Taman Burung on Gili Islands is home to hundreds of exotic birds from Asia and Australia
- A temple complex built in the 1700s; Pura Lingsar is the holiest place in Lombok
- Mount Rinjani, the second highest volcano in Indonesia is worth a visit
- Surfing is extraordinary in all Indonesia, so you won’t be short of surfing spots in Lombok and Gili Islands
Things to do While on Holiday
Discerning travellers used to hop from Bali to the Gili Islands because of the quality of the surrounding sea: turquoise in colour and deliciously bathtub-like in temperature. But soon they found themselves staying there for longer. Perhaps it’s the serenity that comes with pristine landscapes, the charming locals or the quality of the few resorts available. The same can be said about Lombok, an island whose highlights include the spectacular Mount Rinjani and cultural sights such as Pura Lingsar.
Interesting facts about Lombok and Gili Islands
- ATM machines are available in Lombok, Gili Trawangan and Gili Air
- There is no motorised transport in any of the Gili Islands
- There are numerous fast boat services operating between Lombok and the other islands
Lombok and Gili Islands have a hot tropical climate with a dry season in winter. Temperatures range from 31C to 20C and there are around eight hours of sunshine at day throughout the year.
Lombok and Gili Islands Holidays 2024 / 2025
Here at Kenwood Travel, we have over 45 years of experience in delivering spectacular holidays to the most sought-after destinations. Among them are these amazing islands in Indonesia. Don’t wait and book your holiday to Lombok and Gili Islands for 2024/2025 today. Take advantage of our tailored holiday packages and affordable prices.