The United Arab Emirates is a country that boasts a whole host of fantastic holiday destinations. Dubai takes a lot of the headlines, but delve a little deeper into these desert kingdoms and some lesser known but equally impressive places to visit reveal themselves. Step forward Ajman: this charming creekside city just 30 minutes drive from Dubai is waiting to make you part of its story.
As Middle East holiday experts with a 45-year track record as a leading UK tour operator, Kenwood Travel provides our valued customers with great service, lots of choice and competitive pricing when booking your Ajman break.
Luxury holidays in Ajman
As an emerging destination on the tourist map of the UAE, Ajman’s hotels have all joined the international holiday scene in recent years. As such, they are the pinnacle of modern, contemporary luxury. Kenwood Travel’s Middle East experts have relished getting to know this new region on the Persian Gulf, and as usual have developed the preferred contracts with the area’s top hotels to ensure our accommodation portfolio offers our customers the best possible choice for affordable luxury.
Great reasons to holiday in Ajman
- The proximity to Dubai – It only takes half an hour to drive to Dubai from Ajman, so it's easy to discover the malls, beaches, theme parks and restaurants of Arabia’s most scintillating city during your stay.
- The weather – Year-round sunshine makes every day a beach day in Ajman.
- The luxury – Hotels and restaurants are of the highest quality, all presented with an air of dutiful Arabian hospitality.
- The adventure – As with its neighbouring Emirates, a sense of adventure is easy to discover in Ajman: Desert jeep safaris, eagle falconry, sandboarding and hot air balloon rides are just the beginning of what’s in store for the adrenalin-fuelled visitor. (Please note: Activities may be booked for pick-up from Ajman hotels, but most activities will take place in neighbouring Emirates.)
Things to do in Ajman
- Hit the beach - The Corniche is a stretch of beach measuring 16km where tourists and locals alike gather to enjoy the Persian Gulf waters.
- Discover nature - Al Naseem Nature Reserve unveils the desert landscape and rare flora and fauna of Ajman.
- Journey through time - Masfout Castle is a thrilling showcase of Ajman’s mountainous topography and military history.
- Saddle up - In keeping with Arabia’s fascination with horses, holidaymakers can get into the saddle at Ajman Equestrian Club.
Interesting facts about Ajman
- Area – 259 sq. miles
- Population – 238,000
- Currency – Arab Emirate Dirham (AED)
Weather in Ajman
The weather in Ajman is warm year round. In summer the mercury can creep as high as 45C. Pack suitable clothes for all weather though in case going out at night when the temperature can drop. Air-conditioning makes life very comfortable in the hotels, restaurants, shops and museums, offering respite from the heat when necessary.
Ajman Holidays 2024 / 2025
As a popular destination, Ajman places fill up quickly, so don’t miss out on your preferred dates; book now for 2024 and 2025 travel and get the dates you want for a price you’ll love.