Luxury Holidays to Costa Navarino
Located in the Greek region of Messinia in the southwest Peloponnese, Costa Navarino is a holiday destination that offers brilliant sunshine, luxurious beaches and an ancient history for a getaway of the highest standard. Ideal for a family getaway or a couple’s retreat, unforgettable memories are guaranteed as you cycle through the beautiful local villages, sip wine at the western vineyards or lounge on the sands of the award-winning Voidokilia Beach.
Top Five Reasons to Holiday in Costa Navarino
- The beaches – Voidokilia Beach is one of the most popular stretches of sand due to its unique omega shape and crystal-clear waters.
- The vineyards – Wine lovers will be in their element with the organic vineyards that are responsible for bottling award-winning red and white vintages.
- The history – The origins of Messinia are rooted in ancient Greek mythology and historical sites include temples, palaces and medieval castles.
- The food – Experience authentic Messinian cuisine at one of the local tavernas. Choose one with incredible sunset views – you won’t regret it.
- The nature – From sparkling lakes and waterfalls to gorgeous mountains that are perfect for a hike, the natural surroundings here are guaranteed to take your breath away.
Things to Do in Costa Navarino
Costa Navarino boasts an extensive collection of cultural activities that ensures that boredom is never on the agenda. The site of Ancient Messene is a must-see; ruins of an ancient city that feature fortifications, public spaces and private houses. Methoni is also worth a visit. The area is famous for its ancient castle that still stands tall, dating back to the 7th century BC.
If you prefer nature over historical buildings, you can’t go wrong with Polilimnio. One of Greece’s hidden gems, this is a paradise that is surrounded by glistening waterfalls and lakes that provide the perfect location to relax and unwind. Voidokilia Beach is also an unmissable natural location, offering a unique omega-shaped formation and is also nearby to King Nestor’s cave and the ruins of Paliokastro.
Watersports and bike rides are also popular pastimes in Costa Navarino, ideal for those on the hunt for a little adventure in Greece. Or, why not immerse yourself in the local cuisine with an olive oil tasting session, traditional cooking lessons, or a visit to the vineyards in the western hillsides? Your taste buds are certainly in for a treat at Costa Navarino.
Costa Navarino Facts
- Costa Navarino offers private transportation from the Athens and Kalamata airports to its resorts
- Costa Navarino is home to Greece’s first signature golf course
- There are four ancient UNESCO sites in close proximity to the region
- Currency: Euro
Weather in Costa Navarino
A year-round destination, Costa Navarino boasts a brilliant climate that consists of balmy springs, hot summers and mild winters. July and August offer the highest average temperature year-on-year, making Costa Navarino a top-notch destination for a summer holiday.
Costa Navarino Holidays 2022 / 2023
Jetting off to Costa Navarino certainly couldn’t be easier with Kenwood Travel. With ease and efficiency, Kenwood Travel will organise every detail of your getaway to the highest standard including top-notch accommodation and travel dates. Your Costa Navarino 2022/2023 holiday awaits!