Luxury Holidays in Parga
Taking advantage of the fantastic local weather and the beauty of Parga itself, this resort town is home to a selection of stunning luxury resorts that will provide the most incredible holiday experience you can imagine. Recline beside sprawling resort pools, sunbathe on a sandy beach, and enjoy delightful dining within your resort and beyond. No matter which of the gorgeous Parga resorts you pick for your getaway, you can be sure that you’ll be staying in style.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Parga
- Beautiful local landmarks. Visit the Venetian Parga Castle at the apex of the town, where incredible views of the town and sea enhance the grandeur and history of the castle itself.
- Great local beaches. Sunbathe on the calm sandy beaches of Parga, taking a dip to enjoy the waters and cool off at your leisure.
- Clement weather. Parga benefits from the pleasant warm summers of these Greek islands, providing plenty of sun for your getaway.
- History. Learn the history of the region via the Parga Castle and local museums.
- Food. Enjoy delicacies of Greek cuisine at your choice of local restaurants and vendors.
Things to Do in Parga
Hike along the beautiful crystal-clear springs of the Acheron River, which in Greek mythology was one of the five rivers of the underworld. Today it is an area of outstanding natural beauty, perfect for a walk.
Wander the town. The colourful, picturesque buildings of Parga are arranged along the hillside like the steps of an amphitheatre, creating an utterly iconic look. No visit would be complete without exploring its sights yourself.
Visit the Venetian castle. Parga Castle stands at the pinnacle of the town, used for many centuries in the defence of the settlement. Breathtaking views and intriguing history at the same time – who could say no?
Enjoy the beaches. Various famous beaches in the area are great sites to visit, providing a great place to soak up some rays and take a swim in the refreshing waters.
Weather & Climate
The weather here is typical of the Epirus region, enjoying a mild and temperate climate that almost never gets cold enough to freeze, even in winter. Summers are the Mediterranean standard, with a great deal of sun and comparatively little rain.
Interesting Facts about Parga
- Archaeological findings suggest that Parga has been an inhabited region since Neolithic times – at least four thousand years ago.
- The Parga Castle was originally built in the 11th Century; due to attacks over the years, it had to be rebuilt eventually, by the Venetians who shaped its current form.
- Parga is home to around 2500 people.
- The currency in Parga is the Euro.
Parga Holidays 2024/2025
If you’re searching for a fantastic holiday to Greece, Parga is an excellent choice of destination, and we’re here to ensure everything is as perfect as can be. Our travel specialists know the ins and outs of the area, and can provide you with their expert advice for choosing the best hotel, the best dates, and everything you need to make your experience one to cherish. Give us a call, and we’ll help you plan the Parga holiday you deserve.