Mykonos is part of the Cyclades group of islands and is a vibrant landscape of quaint villages, beautiful beaches and intriguing architecture. Although maintaining much of its original charm, Mykonos is also home to range of clubs and beaches that regularly host large parties.
Luxury holidays in Mykonos
At Kenwood Travel we're proud to present a wonderful array of luxury hotels and resorts that are sure to create lasting memories. Whether you're seeking a beach front party or a relaxing retreat, Kenwood Travel is sure to have the right choice for you.
Great reasons to holiday in Mykonos
- Glamour – Mykonos has a well deserved reputation as a popular spot for fashionable holidaymakers who are looking to enjoy the very finest things in life.
- Weather – The sun-kissed shores of Mykonos present a beach lover's paradise year round. Many of the beaches host huge parties that are perfect for revelling in a more vibrant holiday.
- Cuisine – Fresh, colourful and healthy food is served throughout Mykonos. This is one of the best islands to enjoy Greece's signature take on Mediterranean delicacies.
- Sailing – Mykanos boasts a wide variety of yacht and sailing packages that will see you explore the shores of the island in ultimate style.
Things to do in Mykonos
A holiday in Mykonos is sure to be packed with activities. For an intriguing glimpse into the island's rich nautical history, a trip to the Aegean Maritime Museum is highly recommended. Here you will view intricate reconstructions of boats as well as a lantern once used in a lighthouse.
One of Mykonos' signature sites are the brilliant white windmills dotted around the island. Although not in use any more, these windmills still make for a charming activity and some have been converted into museums that show off Mykonos' industrious past.
Head into Mykonos Town and you'll find a plenty of trendy shops, traditional restaurants, bars, and nightclubs that will see you party long into the night. A brief but fascinating sojourn can be had in Delos, a small island just off the coast of Mykonos that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its myriad archaeological sites.
Facts about Mykonos
- Population – 10,134
- Area – 40.6 square miles
- Time zone - UTC + 2
- According to legend, giants killed by Hercules are buried on the island under slabs of mykonian granite.
- The history of Mykonos dates back as far as 3000BC.
Weather in Mykonos
The Sun shines in Mykonos for 300 days of the year so chances are you'll get to work on your tan. Although in summer temperatures can on occasion soar, the daily average is around 28°C while the winter tends to stick around 15°C.
Mykonos Holidays 2021 / 2022
Kenwood Travel specialise in allowing customers to book tailor-made holidays with ease. To ensure you bag the best possible price on your preferred dates to Mykonos for 2021, book early so you won't face disappointment. Speak to an expert advisor today and discover how truly amazing Mykonos is.