Luxury Holidays to Sarasota
Live in the moment on your holiday to Sarasota with Kenwood Travel. This beachy, artsy, foodie favourite is awash with fun ways to stay active, learn, play and relax. With so many colourful kids’ attractions on land, and warm shallow waters in which to safely cause a splash, Sarasota is an ideal family holiday destination. And it’s only an hour’s drive south from Tampa’s Cuban culture and sporting events, so pairing your white-sand haven with some city sophistication is a breeze too.
Reasons to Holiday in Sarasota
- The Beaches & Parks – Sunbathers can kick back on some of the best beaches in the world in Sarasota, while further in land you can hike canopy trails through one of Florida’s first state parks.
- The Nightlife – An abundance of live music venues and tiki bars means party time comes naturally for Sarosotians. Look out for comedy shoes and arts performances too.
- The Restaurants – Dine with a view of the famous beaches or downtown skyline. This is a place named by Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards as one of the Best Food Cities in the US. Tuck in.
- The Shopping – Everyone love a little retail therapy on holiday. In Sarasota, chic malls and old-town stores vie for your attention, and your dollars. For keep-sakes and mementos, look out for gilded conch shells and spiced chocolate treats.
- The Events Calendar – From the annual gingerbread festival to jazz jams and movie nights on the beach, there’s always a unique event to tick off the calendar and enjoy.
Things to do on Holiday to Sarasota
From aquariums to art museums and everything in between, there’s something for everyone in Sarasota. Meet a manatee, hit the beach or check out one of Sarasota County’s popular farmer’s markets. Boat rides, tree canopy adventures and wildlife encounters join botanical garden visits and science tours to bring education and excitement to your Gulf Coast holiday.
The Kenwood crew recommend Sarasota Jungle Gardens, the Historic Spanish Port, TreeUmph Adventure Course, Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium and pirate-themed fun at Smuggler’s Cove as key attractions for you and your family to enjoy.
The Weather in Sarasota
It’s the Florida gulf Coast so expect balmy, sun-soaked days to be the norm during your stay. Winter months rarely drop below 13C, while summer typically enjoys average highs of 33C. For good weather but fewer crowds and better prices, March to May is a good time to visit, as is September to November.
Facts about Sarasota
- Area – 25 square miles
- Population – 52,000
- Nickname – Circus City
Sarasota Holidays 2024 / 2025
Secure the prices and dates you’re looking for when you book your Sarasota holiday early with Kenwood Travel. Our Florida prices are already guaranteed for next year and beyond. So you can add great value and variety to your holiday search now, alongside our award-winning service and hand-picked recommendations to bring the art of escape to your Sarasota holiday.