Luxury Holidays to Tampa
Tampa provides all the ingredients needed to make a perfect holiday; bustling nightlife from downtown to Ybor City, delicious Cuban-inspired food and rich culture found around every corner. The beautiful waterfront is radiant under the Floridian sunshine, and combined with the top-notch accommodation and hospitality, it can’t be denied; Tampa is a real holiday hotspot.
Top Five Reasons to Holiday in Tampa
- The beaches – Tampa is the perfect HQ from which to access the nearby beaches of St Petes and Clearwater, known as some of the best stretches of sand in Florida.
- The nightlife – After 5pm, Tampa comes alive. From the Tampa River Walk to Ybor City, the bars and clubs will welcome every kind of party-goer.
- The history – Ybor City is Tampa’s historical neighbourhood and is the hotspot for all things cultural including historical buildings, cigar factories and even Florida’s oldest restaurant.
- The food – The strong influence of Cuban culture means the food goes way beyond classic American. And they're great at Florida favourites like key lime pie too.
- The attractions – Busch Gardens is certainly one of Tampa’s main events, alongside the excitement of Ybor City and the bustle of the Riverwalk.
Things to Do in Tampa
Tampa could most certainly give Miami a run for its money when it comes to lively nightlife in Florida. Begin your evening with a meal at an authentic Cuban restaurant followed by plenty of rum at a local bar. The final stop of the night is dancing until the early hours at your pick of the clubs that lace the city and the Riverwalk.
There are plenty of things to do in Tampa while the sun is shining. Busch Gardens takes top billing, proof that it’s not just Orlando that has all the fun. This is the perfect family adventure based on exotic explorations, and it can even be offered in combination with a trip to Sea World. Tampa is also home to four major sports teams so any fans of soccer, football, baseball and hockey must have a feel for the local team spirit while on holiday to Florida. Other activities include shopping, golf, safari excursions and so much more.
It goes without saying that Florida and beaches go hand in hand, and Tampa is certainly no exception to the rule. The close proximity to St Pete and Clearwater beaches provides the ideal pastime to soak up the rays in the Sunshine State and cool off with a dip in the crystal-like waters.
- Population: 385,430
- Area: 453.8km²
- Tampa has been the backdrop for many blockbuster movies including Magic Mike, Edward Scissorhands and My Girl
- Tampa is home to the world’s largest continuous sidewalk
Weather in Tampa
Florida is called the Sunshine State for a reason! Tampa hardly ever drops below a warm 20 degrees in the winter months while May through to September can expect an average of roughly 28 degrees. The most sunshine hours in a day are usually in June, and the wettest month is July.
Tampa Holidays 2024 / 2025
As firm believers in the art of escape, Kenwood Travel know all too well what makes the perfect holiday for each individual. Our experts know that your getaway should be as hassle-free as possible from scouting out the perfect destination to finding suitable accommodation and ensuring your travel dates fit around your schedule – not the other way around. Kenwood Travel are available seven days a week to book your 2024 & 2025 Tampa holiday with ease and efficiency.