Luxury holidays in St. Pete & Clearwater
Welcome to a beach-town paradise. Located on a sun-drenched peninsula, St. Pete & Clearwater provides something for everyone, whether you're looking for excitement or relaxation. With 35 miles of award-winning white-sand beaches and an average 361 days of sunshine each year, St. Pete & Clearwater is the perfect place to soak up the sun during your Florida holiday to the Gulf Coast. From the pristine Caladesi Island in the north to Fort De Soto State Park in the south, there’s a variety of beaches where families and couples can play or unwind beside crystal clear waters.
Book with Kenwood Travel and see how much you could save on your Florida fairytale to St. Pete & Clearwater. Just 90 minutes from Orlando and 30 minutes from Tampa and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, St. Pete & Clearwater is easy to get to either as a standalone destination, or as part of a multi-centre holiday, in combination with the Sunshine State’s other famous attractions. And if further proof of this destination's timeless appeal were needed, Clearwater was voted 'number one beach' in Tripadvisor's 2019 Travellers' Choice awards.
Great Reasons to Holiday in St. Pete & Clearwater
- The Award-winning Beaches - Including St. Pete’s Beach, Treasure Island, Madeira Beach and Caladesi Island.
- The Epic Sunsets - Pier 60 Festival is your nightly spot on Clearwater Beach to witness the spectacle.
- The Culture - View modern art at the Salvador Dali Museum in downtown St. Petersburg; the largest collection of the artist’s work outside Spain. Or discover Greek heritage at Tarpon Springs, a historic riverfront town famous for being the ‘Sponge Capital of the World’.
- The Wildlife - Visit Winter the dolphin, star of the hit movie ‘Dolphin Tale’ at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- The Adventure - Canoe or kayak through the mangrove swamps and waterways of Caladesi Island State Park and Fort De Soto State Park.
- The Leisure Activities – Tee off at more than 50 excellent golf courses including the scenic Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort in Palm Harbor (a regular stop on the PGA Tour). Or step up the pace and jog or rollerblade along the scenic 47-mile Pinellas Trail before whetting you’re your whistle at the popular St. Pete & Clearwater Craft Beer Trail.
- The R&R - Pamper yourself at one of the many state-of-the-art spas including the Don CeSar Hotel on St. Pete Beach and the Sandpearl Resort Clearwater Beach.
- The Adrenalin - Hire a jet ski or speedboat, parasail from St. Pete’s beach or have a go at Jetlev and fly up to 30 feet above the water with a futuristic jetpack strapped to your back.
Things to See and Do in St. Pete & Clearwater
This holiday hotspot attracts visitors with its impressive Salvador Dali Museum as well as the famous St. Petersburg Pier. Also referred to as ‘The Sunshine City’, St. Pete & Clearwater is a year-round destination thanks to its fine climate and celebrated attractions, gourmet restaurants & art scene that are always in season.
Weather in St. Pete & Clearwater
With an average of 361 days of sunshine per year, there’s never a bad time to visit St. Pete & Clearwater. Indeed, St. Pete & Clearwater holds the Guinness world record for the longest run of consecutive sunshine: a whopping 768 days. Temperatures vary season to season – from an average summer high of 32C, down to an average low of 13C in winter. Expect temperatures between 27C and 18C in spring, rising to between 21C and 28C in autumn.
Facts about St. Pete & Clearwater
- Area – 20 square miles
- Population – 10,000
- County – Pinellas
St. Pete & Clearwater Holidays 2021 / 2022
Get the dates you want for a price you’ll love, and book your St Pete & Clearwater holiday for next year and beyond today. Kenwood Travel boasts 40 years of Florida holiday experience, making us the ideal tour operator to arrange every detail of your flight-and-hotel package. Talk to a member of our friendly, knowledgeable team here in London on 020 7749 9235, and let us plan your dream holiday to St Pete & Clearwater, be that an all-inclusive deal, family break, honeymoon or solo stay.