Luxury Holidays in Daytona Beach
From NASCAR racing to calm Atlantic waters, the attractions of Daytona Beach on Florida’s scenic east coast range from the fast & furious to the suitably relaxed. Set the pace yourself on a luxury Kenwood Travel holiday to this popular enclave in the Sunshine State. It’s close enough to Orlando’s theme-park thrills and I-Drive’s bustling nightlife, yet secluded enough to feel like a laid-back beach holiday too. Whether it’s with the kids, a solo stay, group trip or couples’ retreat, there’s something for everyone on a luxury holiday to Daytona Beach.
Five Reasons to Holiday in Daytona Beach
- The Weather – It’s the Sunshine State, need we say more? Typical highs of 32°C keep July visitors to Daytona happy. And January highs of 20°C mean year-round sun for this coastal community.
- The Beach – The clue’s in the name. Sun bathers, water babies and surf dudes flock to Daytona’s broad, sandy beach to top up tans and hit the waves. You can even drive vintage cars on some sections of the beach due to tightly packed sand.
- The Waterparks – Just footsteps from the beach is Daytona Lagoon waterpark, a super-fun family day out featuring hair-raising slides, rides, go-karting and laser tag games.
- The Food – Check out Joe’s diner on the pier for hearty American grub with Atlantic Ocean views, or amble along South Beach Street and take your pick from a host of lively local restaurants.
- The Hotels – Kenwood Travel’s Florida team work directly with Daytona Beach’s premier hotels for the best deals on the best accommodations in town. Sea views, beach access, onsite spas, great food and upscale hospitality; Kenwood’s Daytona Beach hotels have it all.
Things to See & Do in Daytona Beach
Take a historic ride at Daytona Boardwalk Amusements. Built in 1938, this theme park in miniature offers classic fairground rides, games and other beachfront attractions, all wrapped up in a friendly carnival atmosphere. Great summer concert venue, too.
Rev things up at Daytona International Speedway track, home to the legendary Daytona 500 NASCAR race. America’s most popular spectator sport roars into action here every February; deserves a place on every Daytona holiday bucket list.
As NASCAR’s spiritual home, Daytona Beach takes pole position when it comes to drive time. If you’d like to take the wheel yourself, head to the Richard Petty Driving Experience where you can drive or be a passenger in a real NASCAR car.
Keep it cultural at the Museum of Arts & Sciences. An eclectic range of exhibits – not to mention its Smithsonian Institution affiliation and membership of the American Alliance of Museums – elevates MOAS from local curio to point of national interest. Global artworks, Florida history and a crowd-pleasing planetarium are the stars of the show.
The Weather in Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach benefits from an Atlantic Coast position on Florida’s sun-soaked east coast. As such, average temperatures in summer keep to a steady 30° / 32°C, while the mercury rarely drops below 10°C, even in January. Balmy, beachy, blissful; Daytona Beach weather gets our vote.
Interesting Facts about Daytona Beach
- Area: 67 square miles
- Population: 61,000
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone (ET)
- Founded in: 1870
Daytona Beach Holidays 2022 / 2023
Booking a last minute holiday is all well and good in the spur of the moment. But for the right dates, best hotels and most competitive price, nothing beats booking in advance. Unlike other tour operators, Kenwood Travel’s Florida holiday prices are already guaranteed for 2022 and into 2023. So for great-value Daytona fly-and-stay deals travelling on the dates you want, talk to our team of Florida destination experts today on 020 7749 9235.