Luxury Holidays in Daytona Beach
Adventure awaits in Daytona Beach! This stunning 23-mile-long pristine stretch of white-sand beach can be discovered with just a one-hour drive from Orlando and the theme parks, and offers an altogether different experience. Get ready to be whisked into a wonderful oceanside world to enjoy some beachside fun! From NASCAR racing to calm Atlantic waters, the attractions of Daytona Beach on Florida’s scenic east coast range from the fast & furious to the suitably relaxed. Set the pace yourself on a luxury Kenwood Travel holiday to this popular enclave in the Sunshine State. It’s close enough to Orlando’s theme-park thrills and I-Drive’s bustling nightlife, yet secluded enough to feel like a laid-back beach holiday too. Whether it’s with the kids, a solo stay, group trip or couples’ retreat, there’s something for everyone on a luxury holiday to Daytona Beach.
Five Reasons to Holiday in Daytona Beach
- The Weather – It’s the Sunshine State, need we say more? Typical highs of 32°C keep July visitors to Daytona happy. And January highs of 20°C mean year-round sun for this coastal community.
- The Beach – The clue’s in the name. Sun bathers, water babies and surf dudes flock to Daytona’s broad, sandy beach to top up tans and hit the waves. You can even drive vintage cars on some sections of the beach due to tightly packed sand.
- The Waterparks – Just footsteps from the beach is Daytona Lagoon waterpark, a super-fun family day out featuring hair-raising slides, rides, go-karting and laser tag games.
- The Food – Check out Joe’s diner on the pier for hearty American grub with Atlantic Ocean views, or amble along South Beach Street and take your pick from a host of lively local restaurants.
- The Hotels – Kenwood Travel’s Florida team work directly with Daytona Beach’s premier hotels for the best deals on the best accommodations in town. Sea views, beach access, onsite spas, great food and upscale hospitality; Kenwood’s Daytona Beach hotels have it all.
Things to See & Do in Daytona Beach
Find your own spot of paradise to set up your beach towel along the area’s spacious beaches. But If sunbathing isn’t your thing, there are many beach activities to keep the whole family occupied. Cycling along the hard-packed sand is a wonderful way to explore the coastline. Alternatively, enjoy a water activity - fishing, boating, surfing, paddleboarding and kayaking are all available in Daytona Beach. The area offers so much more besides the beautiful beach to fulfil an array of interests, from motor-racing, arts and culture to family attractions complimented by a wonderful selection of dining options.
Explore the world-famous Daytona International Speedway, the Museum of Arts and Sciences, the Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art and dozens of other museums and galleries, the iconic Daytona Beach Boardwalk & Pier and numerous family attractions including Daytona Lagoon which offers thrill slides and chill pools to go-karts and laser tag.
Head south to explore the Ponce Inlet, a stunning naturally beautiful area that is home to Florida’s tallest lighthouse – which visitors can climb to the top for spectacular 360-degree views of the beach and inlet. Visit the Marine Science Centre to see sea turtles up-close at the rehabilitation facility and stroke stingrays. Manatees and dolphins can often be seen right from the beach or you can spot them by climbing aboard an eco-cruise for a scenic excursion.
Discover an interesting array of themed trails that cover everything from motorsports and monuments to craft brews, hiking and biking. Racing fans are sure to get revved up about the Motorsports Trail, which highlights the area’s storied auto-racing heritage. The Daytona Beach Ale Trail is home to hundreds of craft flavours served up by more than 20 watering holes, whilst Daytona Beach’s hiking and biking trails offer more than 70 miles of scenic paved paths, singletrack, footpaths and more to explore.
Embrace the area’s local flavours at one of dozens of restaurants. Enjoy a seafood lunch at Caribbean Jack's Restaurant & Marina or step inside Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery to sample some fine craft beers and delicious dishes. Racing enthusiasts will love the iconic Racing's North Turn Beach Bar & Grill, named as a top 10 Florida beachfront bar and restaurant and filled with memorabilia from the earliest days of car racing on the beach. For a special evening out head to 31 Supper Club to enjoy cocktails, an eclectic dinner and an art-deco vibe.
The Weather in Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach benefits from an Atlantic Coast position on Florida’s sun-soaked east coast. As such, average temperatures in summer keep to a steady 30° / 32°C, while the mercury rarely drops below 10°C, even in January. Balmy, beachy, blissful; Daytona Beach weather gets our vote.
Interesting Facts about Daytona Beach
- Area: 67 square miles
- Population: 61,000
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone (ET)
- Founded in: 1870
Daytona Beach Holidays 2024 / 2025
Booking a last minute holiday is all well and good in the spur of the moment. But for the right dates, best hotels and most competitive price, nothing beats booking in advance. Unlike other tour operators, Kenwood Travel’s Florida holiday prices are already guaranteed for 2024 and into 2025. So for great-value Daytona fly-and-stay deals travelling on the dates you want, talk to our team of Florida destination experts today on 020 7749 9235.