Ominous volcanic mountains dominate the island, casting the towns and villages in a shade of fantasy. This is the backdrop to a place of adventure, exploration, thrill-seeking, and beaches from another planet. A holiday to Lanzarote is a never-ending story of what a trip should be. Whether you’re after peace, adventure or history, you’ll find it here.
Luxury Holidays in Lanzarote
Take a deep breath, stand back, and have a good look. The skyline can’t help but stir your imagination, and it sticks with you long after returning home. But your holiday to Lanzarote offers more than an inauspicious volcanic landscape to appease the adventurer in you. This is a place for surfing, hiking, diving and canoeing. There are parks, museums, attractions, and everything else you need for excitement, fun, or just the memory of an incredible experience.
Great Reasons to Holiday in Lanzarote
- Step into another world and relax along the miles of black sand beaches.
- Puerto del Carmen or Puerto Calero offer submarine safaris. We’re not joking!
- It’s the perfect location for scuba diving from several island ports.
- Water parks, zoo parks, or aquariums. Crocodiles, sharks, or bison. There’s days out to be enjoyed by the whole family.
- Culture clash. Lanzarote has a Wild West themed Rancho Texas animal park which makes for a fantastic visit. Yeehaw!
- We’re not using this word lightly: the scenery is spectacular. The views are especially out of this world from some of Lanzarote’s stunning lookout points.
- Get a taste of Middle Earth at Timanfaya National Park. The rugged, volcanic landscape offers some of the most memorable views in Europe.
- Water sports, water sports! Lanzarote has fantastic opportunities for snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, parasailing, canoeing and much more. Caleta de Famara is a world-famous surfing destination.
Things to do on Holiday in Lanzarote
It all starts with the landscape. Haunting and spectacular, idyllic yet exciting; you can’t escape it when its fervour follows you across the land. We at Kenwood Travel recommend embracing it. The Montañas del Fuego (fire mountains) and Timanfaya National Park should be at the top of everybody’s list for their holiday to Lanzarote, because it’s a first-hand experience of the most jaw dropping volcanic landscape in the world. This is the scenery which caused the black sand beaches, giving your peaceful sea-side holiday an otherworldly vibe. These beaches are found along the Western road (LZ-704), accompanied by rows of shorefront restaurants.
It’s not just explorers a holiday to Lanzarote benefits. Thrill seekers are in for a blast with water-sports galore. For a step closer to your wild side, a Lanzarote holiday invites the braver souls amongst us to tick a few items off the bucket list, letting them dive with sharks in Aquarium Lanzarote.
Before the sun sets, experience a natural high from the lookout points at Charco Los Clicos, or Los Hervideros. After devouring the view, a fascinating way to spend your time is a guided tour of Green’s cave, which is a succession of caverns and tunnels formed by an underground river of lava North of the island. Your holiday to Lanzarote will have you believing in magic again.
Weather in Lanzarote
No worries here. Lanzarote has an incredibly comfortable year-round average temperature of 21°C, almost 3000 sunshine hours a year with 18°C lows in winter, and 28°C averages in summer. The wind picks up around June and July though, so the motorcyclists amongst us require some vigilance.
Interesting Facts about Lanzarote
- Area - 326.6 sq miles.
- Highest Elevation - 671 meters.
- Population - 142,132
- Largest City - Arrecife
Lanzarote Holidays in 2024 / 2025
Unleash the adventurer in you and witness the wild landscape of Lanzarote without getting too wild yourself. A holiday to Lanzarote is to witness a place brimming with rugged beauty; landscapes that need to be seen to be believed. Book your Lanzarote holiday today and enjoy your 2024 or 2025 getaway in the Canary Isles. Kenwood Travel has over 45’ years of experience to make sure your holiday to Lanzarote will be exactly what you’re after.