Luxury Holidays to New Orleans & The South
So you want to experience good old southern hospitality? Bless your heart. Come on through, down the bayou, and discover the captivating charm of New Orleans & The South. Each city has a different taste and flavour, history and story, all are abundant in culture that speaks volumes about the places. Kenwood Travel knows how to explore these cities in comfort and style. We have gathered the very best of resort stays, with the finest facilities and amenities, so you can truly enjoy your vacay.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Southern USA
- Experience the world-famous festival of Mardi Gras first hand where it all began for a party of a lifetime.
- Unmatch music scenes of undiscovered musicians from jazz bands to blues to the birthplace of country, where you can square dance the night away.
- Exploration of the amazing and unique wildlife that lies within the bayou atop an airboat skimming across the waters.
- Big flavours and big portions of fantastic Creole cuisine or classic American steakhouses.
- Luxury escapes where Southern Hospitality service is impeccable and where no ask is too big.
Things To Do on a Southern USA Holiday
Find heart and soul through the streets of New Orleans, a city which blended European, African and Caribbean cultures from which an entirely new and vibrant culture has emerged. Take a stroll through the charming streets of the French Quarter to admire the gorgeous architecture of the building. Be beckoned along and in for a drink by lively jazz music emanating from the bars nearby. Take a seat and try a tasting menu of a multitude of delectable Creole dishes, packed with tantalising flavours that will have you going back for seconds and thirds. The city is always buzzing with events and festivals to throw yourself into, so make sure to discover what makes New Orleans so electric.
Escaping the city and into the countryside you can explore parts of America’s history. Stumble upon historic plantations that dot the Southern landscape. Admire the grandeur of antebellum mansions, stroll through lush gardens, and learn about the momentous history of the Old South.
Venturing north of the state of Louisiana, you’ll enter the state of Tennessee where Memphis and Nashville call those who feel the music in their bones. Memphis is considered the birthplace of rock’n’roll and the home of the blues. Visit Beale Street for the heart of the music scene with historic clubs, juke joints, and restaurants, where you can immerse yourself in the sounds of blues, jazz, and rock 'n' roll. Beale Street comes alive at night with live performances, street musicians, and a lively atmosphere. Explore more of the city from the gorgeous scenery of the Mississippi River on a riverboat cruise or pay homage to the legendary Elvis Presley.
Take yourself across the state to Nashville, the pulsating heart of country music played live across the city where you’re invited to throw yourself into the swing of it and square dance the night away. With delicious BBQ joints scattered across the city, feast on the freshest cuts of the finest meats slathered in the most decadent sauce you’ve ever tasted. Nashville will welcome you in with open arms and the warmest hospitality.
Interesting Facts about New Orleans & The South
- New Orleans has a population of 390,144 over an area of approximately 350 square miles
- New Orleans is known as the "Big Easy" and is famous for its lively festivals, including Mardi Gras and the Jazz & Heritage Festival.
- The French Quarter in New Orleans is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in the United States and is renowned for its distinctive architecture and vibrant atmosphere.
- The Mississippi River, which flows through the South, is the second-longest river in North America and has played a significant role in the region's history and economy.
- The South is home to several iconic music genres, including blues, jazz, country, and rock 'n' roll, and has produced legendary musicians such as Louis Armstrong, Elvis Presley, and Johnny Cash.
- Savannah, Georgia, is known for its well-preserved historic district, featuring beautiful squares, oak-lined streets, and antebellum architecture.
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located in Tennessee and North Carolina, is the most visited national park in the United States, renowned for its stunning scenery and diverse wildlife.
- The South is a food lover's paradise, with dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp and grits, and biscuits and gravy being staples of the region's cuisine.
- Charleston, South Carolina, is often recognized for its picturesque waterfront, charming cobblestone streets, and renowned culinary scene.
New Orleans & The South Holidays
Immerse yourself in the charm, culture, and culinary delights of New Orleans and the South with Kenwood Travel. With over 45 years of experience in creating tailor-made luxury holidays, our experts will ensure that your journey exceeds your expectations. Contact us today and let us craft an unforgettable holiday that showcases the best of the South's vibrant cities, historic landmarks, and breathtaking landscapes. Book now and embark on an extraordinary adventure in the heart of the South.