Travel Guide for Europe
Island hopping in the Aegean, partying in Ibiza, vineyard touring in Portugal, gallery-going in Barcelona, beach basking in Turkey, yacht cruising in Montenegro… How will you spend your European holiday? The possibilities are endless. Thanks to its long cultural history, Europe will never be boring. From Neolithic sites and Greek ruins to Gothic cathedrals and crumbling castles - a journey through Europe always feels like a journey through time.
Luxury Holidays in Europe
Although it is one of the most developed regions of the world, the present and future in Europe are inevitably marked by the past. Anyone familiar with the turbulent history of the continent understands the peculiarities of the individual nations. This also means there is no shortage of fascinating museums, galleries and architecture to provide the necessary insight and reveal more of Europe’s story.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Europe
- Why not considerably reduce your airtime by holidaying in a dream-like destination that is merely a couple of hours away from the UK by plane?
- The beautiful beaches of the Algarve, Portugal, might just be part of the best coastline in all of Europe. Add to this fabulous diving opportunities and great golf resorts for a superb holiday option.
- Towering cliffs, clear blue waters, whitewashed villages; all can be found in the Aegean Sea. The Greek islands of Santorini, Mykonos, and Crete are as quintessentially pretty as it gets.
- There’s a reason why Spain has been the number one summer holiday destinations for Brits over the years: the sun, the food, the wine, the people… If you haven’t been there in a while, why not rekindle an old love? You won’t be disappointed.
- It could be said that the recent rise in Turkey tourism is long overdue. The beaches on the Aegean coast can compete with any in Europe, and on top of that you have fantastic cities like Istanbul, which, in terms of culture and history, are in a league of their own.
Things to do whilst on holiday in Europe
When it comes to the finer things in life, there is no question that Europe brings a lot to the table. Gourmet aficionados will enjoy the regionally diverse cuisine and quality wine vintages. Of course, retail and spa therapy need no introduction in Europe, while sunseekers worldwide know all about the Mediterranean’s glorious weather. But the best part? The proximity. Travelling from the UK, you could be bathing in sparkling Mediterranean waters within a few short hours. Europe's diversity is unique in the world.
We won’t need to tell you how different the weather in Europe can be, but rest assured, the places we handpicked for you won’t let you down.
Interesting Facts about Europe:
- Europe is the world's second-smallest continent but has the second-largest population with 742,452,000.
- Europe includes 50 countries.
- Total land area: 4,053,309 sq miles.
- 260 different languages are spoken in Europe.
Europe Holidays in 2017
No matter where you are headed, you will have an unforgettable experience on your Europe holiday. At Kenwood Travel we are specialised when it comes to luxury holidays and we apply that expertise to make sure that you will be a satisfied customer. Book next year’s trip now for major discounts and guaranteed preferred dates.